Next Gen Kitchen Hub 2020 Microwave
Connected technology creating smart homes
The next gen Kitchen Hub from GE Appliances is a 27-inch smart touch screen, 1.9 cubic foot microwave and ventilation combo designed to easily fit in the space above the range. Consumers can use cameras to interact with friends and family, snap and share their culinary masterpieces, and even determine when their meals are done while viewing the inside of the oven from their couch. And if cooking isn’t entertaining enough, the Kitchen Hub Micro provides access to popular apps, such as Netflix and Spotify. The addition of the microwave into the next gen Kitchen Hub allows the user a full-service kitchen experience.
The next gen Kitchen Hub is just one example of innovation by GE Appliances to put meaningful technology in the hands of consumers. By creating a smarter home, the company’s connected appliances provide convenience, assistance and peace of mind to families who use them. And they deliver efficiencies that allow owners to focus more time on the things that matter most to them. Next gen Kitchen Hub features include:
- Built-in Google Assistant, allowing owners to create grocery lists, plan meals, search the internet for answers or even control the thermostat
- Access to thousands of recipes through SideChef, as well as guided cooking features and precision cooking capabilities
- Live video chat functionality with multiple camera angles, including a forward-facing lens so owners can video call mom for cooking advice or simply catch up with friends
- An overhead cooktop-facing camera and ample task lighting to make it easier than ever to share the latest culinary masterpiece on social media
- A camera located inside the oven, allowing cooks to check in on their food either from the Hub or their smart phones
- Access to calendars and schedules for streamlined organization and efficient household management
- Connectivity to other smart home devices, like temperature control, lighting systems and cameras, and the ability to access and control a variety of productivity and smart home apps using the Kitchen Hub as the single portal. The Kitchen Hub will also be compatible with Z-Wave products, allowing the product to act as the central Hub for your Z-wave smart devices in your home.
- Interoperability with other connected appliances including GE™, Café™, Monogram®, GE Profile™ and Haier™ brand washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, wall ovens, cooktops, ranges, microwaves, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water softeners